BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Gentrifying my faith in Gentlemen!

Some might call me a cynic. And the one word that brings out cynicism pouring from my every pore is "GENTLEMAN".


I thought the highly endangered species of gentleman had finally gone extinct! I found one article about how Robert Pattinson was such a gentle man, but that's just a raindrop in an ocean!

But one journey from Coimbatore to Chennai aboard a uber comfy KPN bus changed my total perspective!

I had to make the above mentioned journey in order to take up some crap IES exam!As it was a last minute thing, i made do with my qualms about travelling by bus!

Ready to board the bus, had an air bag slung over my shoulder,another vanity bag,a bottle of water and a book("The Plot" by Irving Wallace) in my hands. So i should have possessed some serious acrobatic skills if i were to board the bus!

I was past the point of "koi muje bacchao" and was just waiting for my friendly neighbourhood spiderman!

Then came my knight in shining armour for the next few hours!This really nice looking( n imean really!),20 something,decent guy walked up and offered to help me out!I was wary as to where being obligated to him will lead to! But my tendons were giving way(okay that's an exaggeration!)!I unceremoniously dumoed my bag on him and gladly accepted his help!

Now u think i would have thanked him and said the obligatory crap and moved on right?WRONG! My spinal cord decides to tweak my motor neurons and i ve to trip over air(oh! that happens to everyone! Why does troublw find me?) and in this amazing demonstration of some spectacular tai chi moves(yeah just imagine donald duck strecthing his arms!There u go! me doing tai chi!!) i somehow end up ripping up both our headphone jacks from our respective phones(yeah both me and spidy were listening to music on our phones) and abracadabra "Smells like teen spirit" blasts out from both our phones! wow! whattta joincidence with a c!!(u need to watch F.RI.E.N.D.S to guffaw @ the last line! for those unfortunate souls who are nt familiar with central perk that's just WHATTA COINIDENCE!).Oh now i've to demonstrate my verbose language!right?wrong!

All i could manage was a sheepish grin!(trust me to give u memorable moments!)!meanwhile spidy rants off about how funny it is and how gr8 a band Nirvana is!(At that moment for all i cared,Paravai Muniamma could have done the song) While i'm trying to drown in embarrassment a loud, obnoxious family walks in and bumps into me!! just the impetus i needed!U see i'm the epitome of grace!Darn!I manage to steady myself this time,not before knocking off spidy's water bottle! spidy goes gracious and chivalrous! picks up both our headphnes and hands them to me!He's all thats ok,not ur fault,could happen to anyone(anyone who has yet to learn to walk)

I walk to my seat and so does spidy! This is the part for a neat bye, thanks,nice meeting u right?(oh i know this time u did not even think right!) i take out my ticket and voila! both of us have been alloted the same berth number! Oh what didya expect?Karma is gonna affect the guy who alloted the seats!His next life is a dung beetle!

I do some serious freting now! But spidy is the most gracious yet again!he asks me to make myself comfortable and that he'll difuse the problem and walks away!now i doubt if the guy is a vampire or a martian!

He returns few minutes later,appologizes profusely for the delay(awwwwwwww! how sweet!) and tells me the problem is solved,asks me if i need something and walks away to his seat!

He never asked me my name,Never made an inappropriate overture or expexted anything in return! Spidy single handedly made me believe that there are still a few Gentlemen(in the real sense of the word! not the one which has been flippantly used by the media!)out there!

This post is dedicated to that Mr.Anonymous!I don't think i'll ever forget u Spidy!!


7 comments:

Vigneash said...

The species yu talk bout here aren't extinct but don come out or exhibit themselves for quite a lotta reasons. Wanna see how ur spidey reacts wen he comes across tis blog. Comin bak to the point, how did IES exam go???? Lol.

harshni said...

@Vigneash
ok!! yesterday was just some general aptitude!! so managed!! wish spidy could see this blog!! that's be gr8!

Ryan said...

Why didn't you make a move?!

As for Smells like teen spirit, WOAH!

And never ever even say Paravai muniamma could have sung that song, not even for fun. It SO hurts. :P

Ryan said...

I guess murphy overslept this time. :)

harshni said...

@ ryan
This is what comes outta watching 12 movies in 8 days!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat traffic[/URL], You are far from alone if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or not-so-known avenues to build an income online.