BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 10, 2009

Retraction!

I'm going to have to retract what i posted earlier about "Seasons in the sun" . I took a listen to the original version of the song by Terry Jacks and I absolutely loved it! I guess my haterd towards the song originated from Westlife covering it! (C'mon U can't have names like Kian, consider a duet with Maraih Carey(yuck!) as ur crowning glory, cover Barry Manilow songs, perform on Mtv IMMIES and expect me to take u serioulsy and what kinda name is "westlife"?) The song indeed had some beautiful lines, "goodbye papa,it's hard to die" being the most touching on of 'em all. I listened to Nirvana's version too. They switched instruments (Kurt-drums, Dave Grohl- Bass and Krist Novelsic on lead guitar for this song) and Kurt really seemed to portray the agony in the song in his voice. Now I'm in love with the song but Westlife's version still sound Karaoke to me! Nirvana's version Classic case of what happens when a great song meets a great artist.


P.S : I ve been recieving tweets saying Nirvana sold out to the mainstream & stuff like Kurt Cobain was not a good guitarist , Kurt was a Nihilist who never appreciated his audience. Since my excursions into his life via his journals is proceeding at snails pace ( in my defense, thats the only way those journals ought to be read to really appreciate them) and the proper Kurt post might take too long( I might even chicken out of the whole thing.It's intimidating to write about such a complex human being) I will address the Nirvana negative stuff in my next post!

1 comments:

Vijay Ganesh said...

I completely agree.